Wellington College are delighted to have partnered with McAvoy Design through the Construction Industry Training Board’s ‘Adopt A School’ initiative. This partnership will be a great opportunity for staff and students to gain an insight to careers in the engineering and construction industry. McAvoy Design will work with Wellington College to provide:
- Site visits
- Design and construction office visits
- Job sampling allowing students to ‘have a go’ themselves
- Work experience opportunities for students and teachers
- Sponsorship of school awards
- Talks and presentations to students
- Participation at Careers Fairs and Open Evenings
- Provision of specialist equipment for the Technology Department
Our Year 11 students recently visited McAvoy Design for a site visit and to meet a range of departmental managers.
Thank you very much to McAvoy Design and the Construction Industry Training Board for this great opportunity and we look forward to developing this partnership in the future.